Monday, September 12, 2011

The Passage

While visiting the library with my son, I took a few minutes to find a book for myself. Now that he reads on his own, I have more time to read.  I had no idea "what" I wanted; something with an adventure, maybe a little mystery or just something out of this world.  I came across "The Passage", hardcover edition with over 800 pages.  I opened it and read a bit and said, hmm, this might be good.  I actually put it back a couple times before I decided I would take the chance.

The first sentence grabbed me and it is not often that this happens.  From then on I was non-stop!!  There were parts where I literally was holding my breath.  I won't share anymore in the hopes that you too will pick up this book. If you enjoyed Lost or the X-Files, liked the movie "Outbreak" or should I now say "Contagion", this is a must read for you. Don't think about how long it is - just enjoy the story!

And, the best part ...the next book (this will be a trilogy) comes out in May 2012!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_11?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=the+passage&sprefix=the+passage

No comments:

Post a Comment