Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Book Overload....

I'm wondering if there is such a thing as "book overload" or doing too MUCH reading? I guess if I was still a student, I would be told there is no such a thing!! However, as a working mother and wife, with a laundry list of things to do and a mind that is always racing with the next thing I need to do - there is!!

Case in point, I started reading The Passage at the end of the school year; when I had more time for me.  I probably read 6 books after that and then came across The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larssen (more on that later).

I am now on the 3rd book of that installment (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest).  On Saturday night, I had a nightmare, which incorporated parts of The Passage as well as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and a bit of another book I'm still reading, Cutting for Stone. And let me tell you, it is a much different experience reading some of this stuff and "living it" in my dreams.  I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart racing. 

I probably need to back off the adventure/crime/sci-fi novels for awhile, but what is left after I omit those?

No comments:

Post a Comment